Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Scout (between the digits), with a note . . . (from a 1967 notebook)

page typed on Twiltone (paper then used for mimeo) from NB in '67, larry goodell



(this followed the poem in the NB) . . .

(now this is weird, I’m maybe tuning in more on galactic frequencies that my brain agency converts into words — “between the digits” came strongly. I walked outside, coming back in “told frequency. . .” came. & then the next groups down to“Scout. . .speaks” came. The rest was prompted by looking back to earlier things, came as if to make clear, bring a person, mask, character in to explain. ?? I read Keith Wilson’s poems from Graves Registry this afternoon – one, “Battle Scene,” has clear-cut description (in gd sense) then half-way thru, a “character,” the boy enters the poem. Just thinking in retrospect this may have been in my mind strongly)

To wit:

NB 4  june-oct '67 (a page)

(the following page)
larry goodell / placitas, new mexico / 9-26-1967 from Notebook 4

 -- golly I've been reading Keith Wilson for over 40 years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers!