Sunday, August 27, 2017

The President

"The President" is the 10th poem in The Staff of Ometeotl. I presented The Staff in the library of the University of Connecticut as part of our tour. In 1973 Stephen Rodefer and I read in numerous cities traveling in my little Datsun station wagon with my wife Lenore and my son Joel. George Butterick generously used this poem and the drawing by Lenore Goodell in this handsome 8" by 16" broadside.






Setup drawing for presentation of "The Staff." The 12 poems hang on cottonwood staves and are read through entirely.

Mollycoddle's apron which is donned for the reading of "The President."



Cloth backing for the poem, with burst balloons from past performances and the hanging sawtooth snout that is used to burst the 2 balloons at end of poem.


I appreciate the late George Butterick's interest in our work in setting up the reading performance and thank Lenore for the drawing and the University of Connecticut for this broadside.

larry goodell / placitas, new mexico / 27aug2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers!