Monday, October 20, 2014

Outer Space Workout


Outer Space Workout



The negotiations to reach
the large
space
requires
intoning, intoning in the largest sense of the word
requires
vocalization, calling, here
here
here
here, from there: here
here
here
here
to
reverb, reverberation, vocalization vocal
intone
calling, calling
calling
calling
calling
calling, on in way out there here there there
here, calling
calling
calling
calling
calling, on in way out there what do you say
what, here
what
there here
we need
to
negotiate
freedom
from
human population bondage that brings queer
resentments out
outer
space, space
out
outer
space, space

out
outer
space, space
out
intoning
reverb
vocal
calling
there, here
outer
space, out there, interior, brother
pretend
brother outer inner space
out
there, interior calling from the interior
sister
pretend sister out there interior
out
calling
calling
you
who
are
are you
in
here
hey father pretend
father-mother pretend
mother, real
fam
i
ly
in need of renegotiations
with
calling
calling
calling
with
calling
calling
calling
with
freedom from human population bondage
that
brings
queer
resentments out, I want to sing & shout
I need
to ask you
pretend
real
interior
exterior
re-
negotiations
to reach
the large
space
calling
calling
stalling
falling
talking
calling
room
to
walk
a
round
we have
room
to
walk
a
round
& I
need
to
pin
you
down
in my
head
&
in
my
sound
yes I
need
you
in
my
dream
to jump
up
when
I
lean
down
to pre-
tend
you
are
my
friend
you need
ex
er
cise
a
gain
set up
for
me
like
a
friend
you need
ex
er
size
my
friend
you jump up
in
the
dream
I'm
in
you need to
run
a
round
a-
gain
I'll help you
guide
you
to
the
end
you're in the
out-
er
space
you
need
you get up
in
the
dream
I'm
in
you tell me
yes
I'll
do
it
now
we have the
pro-
gram
you
are
in
and space to
run
a
round
a-
gain
we'll get your
bod
y
on
the
mend
a work rou-
tine
that
is
a
friend

calling
calling
calling
calling
calling
you have
reached the inner ring
of
fam
i
ly
space
pre-
tend
you are
here
now
wake up
you are
here
now
make up
re-
negotiate
from
the largest inner space
you are
here
my
friend
now
wake up
& make up
now
awake

I woke up
with a work out
okay
from inner
outer
space.


larry goodell / placitas, new mexico

this poem was actually published, lovingly, by Unlikely Stories! 

I love it when the poem strings out with one or a few words per line
and I don't have to worry about paper waste (in the digital world,
supposedly) . . . here's an extreme of that, in my world, at least . . In The Stars, several short-line poems . . . larry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers!