Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Lead In To The Middle Ages (class notes)

Please see A Lead In To The Middle Ages  for the end product of all these little class "notes" . . . the intense reading did jar me a bit and altho it was mostly a gathering of quotes it was a fruitful thing for me . . . thanks for looking . . . (added this note 24nov12) . . .
-   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -
as interested as I was in Dr. Joseph Zavadil's class in Medieval Studies, June-July 1969 at the University of New Mexico, most of what I did was draw (doodle) draw draw and evidently it occupied a few other students' minds too . . . 

this led to delaying my paper and working on intensive full-time reading August 7th to the 9th of September and handing in a bizarre compilation of quotes from my studies which included a big share of Jung and became a "volume" called "A Lead In To The Middle Ages" . 

. .  Dr. Zavadil was not impressed saying that the academic world was more of an advanced degree "factory" (my word) and so I got a (deserved I guess) low B in that class . . . these are simply the class notes that lead to "A Lead In . . ." .





























the subsequent studies entitled A Lead In To the Middle Ages simply absorbed me to the point of defeatest obsession . . . but was like a foundation in my mind, no matter what Dr. Zavadil thought, and was just what I needed, to take off from . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers!